Here’s a tutorial that shows you how to share your 360 panosphere images that you’ve taken with your Android phone onto Facebook or YouTube.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Terminal or Command Line
List of Tools:
- Transfer your Panosphere image to your desktop. Ideally you’d want to use Android File Utility
- Install ffmpeg utility on your machine
- Install 360 Video Metadata Tool
- Use the following script to convert your pano image to an mp4.
ffmpeg -loop 1 -i source.jpg -c:v libx264 -r 1/60 -t 60 -vf scale=4096:-1 destination.mp4
- Replace source.jpg with your source file.
- Replace destination.mp4 with your desired output filename.
- 4096×2048 is the recommended resolution for 360 video upload to Facebook. The framerate is set to 1/60fps. The duration is set to 60seconds.
- Open the video file with the 360 metadata tool, select the “spherical” input box, then select “Save as” and name your new video destination_injected.mp4
- Go to your Facebook timeline and post your new video. It will take Facebook some time to process your video, but you will be notified once your video complete.
- Enjoy your new panosphere on either desktop or mobile device.
Link if the video above doesn’t play: